The University of Eastern Finland Scholarships offers scholarships and funding to various undergraduate degrees and Maters degrees. and The non-European citizens studying for an international Bachelor’s or Master’s degree have fees from 8,000 to 10,000 € per year depending on the programme. In addition, the university of Eastern Finland offers tuition waivers and scholarships for international degree students required to pay tuition fees. There are no tuition fees for EU and EEA citizens.
Tuition Fees and Waivers 2022
All new students admitted to international Degree Programmes in 2022 (September intake) who must pay tuition fees are eligible to receive a partial tuition waiver. The tuition waiver is 50–70 % of the annual tuition fee. For the second year of study, tuition waivers are available to students who have completed a minimum of 55 ECTS of studies included in their degree during their first year of study.
For students, the tuition fee will remain the same throughout the entire time of completing their degrees. The exact tuition fee of the programme can be found below and on the programme’s websites. For Erasmus Mundus programmes, please see the programme’s website.
The tuition fee covers the studies included in the degree (personal study plan), studies-related supervision and counselling, and studies-related supporting services offered by the university. In addition, students are also entitled to the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS) services. There are separate fees for FSHS and the Student Union. In addition, the university assists students in finding accommodation. See the residence permit requirements and application process from the Finnish Immigration Service website.
University of Eastern Finland Scholarship
UEF will grant a Finland Scholarship (Suomi-stipends) of € 5 000 for the two best applicants in each Master’s Degree programme. The Finland Scholarship is awarded for the first year of Master’s studies, and the students who receive it must be non-EU/EEA citizens who are liable to pay tuition fees. The total value of the Finland Scholarship is € 13 000–15 000, depending on the programme’s tuition fee. The Finland Scholarship includes:
- 100 % tuition waiver for the first year’s tuition fee (value € 8 000–10 000)
- € 5 000 relocation grant
The scholarship is a one-year scholarship for first-year Master’s students. Students need to secure sufficient funds for the second year of study. The programmes’ general tuition waivers will be offered for the second-year studies.
The Finland Scholarships will be granted until 2024. Students who apply for Master’s studies in 2025 are not eligible. The Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture funded the national Finland Scholarship programme.
Who can apply for the Finland Scholarship?
Prospective students who:
- are non-EU/EEA citizens
- are liable to pay tuition fees
- apply to Master-level studies and whose study right starts no earlier than 1 August 2022
The annual fee is paid in two equal instalments per academic year. The due dates for the autumn semester are 31 July and for the spring semester 30 November. The tuition fee for the second academic year depends on the completion of the required 55 ECTS by the end of the first study year.
Payment of Tuition Fees
- Central Michigan University International Graduate Scholarships
- International Masters Scholarship for Medical Students
- Finland Universities and UAS Scholarships for Ukrainians
- International Student Scholarships at Izmir University of Economics
- The University of Technology Sydney Water Mersh Scholarships
The first payment is made using the link announced in the letter of acceptance. Copy the link from the acceptance letter to the browser and fill in the payer and student information. Please ensure that you complete the Studyinfo Learner Number / ID and Student name in the exact form stated in the Student Agreement and the Letter of acceptance. After filling in the paper, select “Pay” to go to the online payment service (ePayments to Finnish banks, Credit card payments, MobilePay and PayPal are possible payment methods). After the payment, you will receive the confirmation and receipt of the payment to the email provided in the payer’s information. The payment links concerning the spring semester of 2022 will be made available during autumn 2021.
Each instalment must be paid in full by the deadline. The university will not send any reminders. However, if a student fails to pay the tuition fee in full by the deadline, the student cannot register to the university. In addition, the university must report to the Finnish Immigration Service (MIGRI) if the students do not start their studies or the students drop out.
You have the right to a full refund (excluding possible bank-specific payment charges) of the tuition fee paid:
- if you have been conditionally admitted and the condition is not met: your study place is thus cancelled,
- if you are not granted a residence permit in Finland. NB! The refund is not possible if the student has already registered as being present and has already received some study points to the register.
- if your residence permit status changes before the beginning of the academic year (1 August) at the university and, according to the new residence permit, you are no longer required to pay fees,
- if the university is unable to offer the degree programme you have been admitted to.